Saturday, August 8, 2015

The Secret Life of H.P. Lovecraft

Based on a tweet, I found this book was trying to be funded over at Indiegogo. I checked it out and the premise sounded interesting enough, so I added my 2 cents (not literally, but you get the idea) and waited for the funding period to end.

I received the book in the mail today and sat down to read it.

Well........

The book is more like a novella. It insinuates another side of H.P. Lovecraft- one where he was living the very things he wrote about. Where he was surrounded by so much death that it left him a hollow shell of himself. It's written from the POV of Lovecraft himself- how he keeps getting mysterious letters that lead him to different people in different locations with different outcomes.

It reads like a season of the Twilight Zone.

I'm not sorry that I decided to support the author's effort to get their words out there, but I think there is so much more that could have been done with it. It just felt lacking and I have no real emotions about reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment